This interview features Renata talking about how coming from a holocaust survivor family, feminism has become the main vehicle through which she conducts her academic and legal practice. Listen to learn about how the Sit Down Girlie column came about.
We have begun the podcast series by interviewing members of the feminist legal studies group. In this episode, we focus on the work of our family violence researchers, one of the six areas of research strength we have in our Feminist Legal Studies Group.
Our six areas of particular research strength are
1. family violence;
2. alcohol, drugs and gender;
3. the impact of energy policy/climate change upon women;
4. women’s economic empowerment (including labour rights, taxation, unpaid work, privacy);
5. women, poverty and international movement;
6. reproductive health and abortion reform.
Renata is interviewed in this episode by Tamara Wilkinson and Becky Batagol.
You can access the podcast episode here through Soundcloud and iTunes.